Minimum of 20 hours a month. $300 stipend per newspaper edition (10 editions per year).
- Edits articles for Associated Press (AP) style
- Edits for spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Ensures text adheres to The Metropolitan’s style sheet
- Fact-checks articles
- Maintains The Metropolitan’s style sheet
- Writes at least one article for each issue of the newspaper
- Attends staff meetings and trainings
- Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) style
- Suggested coursework: WRIT 371 Editing, WRIT 341 Writing the News in a Digital World
Candidates must be current Metropolitan State University students.
To apply, prepare a cover letter, resume and your best writing sample. Send from your student email address to TheMetropolitan@metrostate.edu. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Interview to follow. Positions open until filled.