Applicants must be current Metropolitan State University students. Students from all majors are welcome.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Editor Kathryn Ganfield at email@example.com. Please note your academic major and intended graduation date. Application materials preferred by Jan. 1. Interviews held Jan. 8 – 12.
Minimum of 20 hours a month. $200 stipend per newspaper edition (10 editions per year).
- Maintains and updates The Metropolitan’s website (themetropolitan.metrostate.edu) and Facebook account on a regular and timely basis
- Continues to improve design, architecture and visual appeal of website
- Writes at least one article per month
- Attends staff meetings
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS mandatory (Suggested coursework: ICS 225 Web Design or WRIT 373 Writing and Designing for the Web)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, digital photo and video technology preferred
- Understanding of SEO, website analytics, and online advertising a plus