Minimum of 20 hours a month. $300 stipend per newspaper edition (10 editions per year).
- Photographs at least four story assignments on campus each month
- Writes and edits photo captions in Associated Press (AP) style
- Develops and maintains a system for organizing digital photo files
- Works with Design Editor to select and format photos/visual elements for print edition and website
- Writes at least one article per month
- Trains staff and guest writers in photojournalism; attends staff meetings and trainings
- Strong documentary or candid photography style
- Technical aptitude with DSLR and smartphone cameras
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and Dropbox
- Coursework in photography or studio arts (Suggested courses: ARTS 115 Introduction to Photography, ARTS 316 Intermediate Photography)
Candidates must be current Metropolitan State University students. To apply, prepare a cover letter, resume and at least three photographs from your portfolio. Send from your student email address to TheMetropolitan@metrostate.edu by Friday, Nov. 16.